Back in February, I reached 150,000 miles on my current car (Toyota Camry). Let's see how can we put those miles in perspective:
- 150,000 miles is 241,402 kilometers;
- The car was bought in mid-2006. That's approximately 21,000 miles per year or 1,800 miles per month;
- It is enough to travel around Earth 6 times, assuming Earth's equatorial circumference is approximately 25,000 miles;
- Still not enough to reach the moon, which is at 238,900 miles from Earth;
- If I ever decide to run this distance, running at a pace of 8-minutes/mile, it would take me 20,000 hours (834 days). But I really don't see the point of doing that.